GICEL welcomes applications for Non-resident Senior Research Fellows and Research Fellows.
Policy experts, academics, scholars, and other professionals with deep interest in economic policies and legal developments related to GICEL’s research focus, from any region of the world are invited to apply.
Our research focuses on: Development policies, European Union, Global and international affairs, International economics, International law, International trade, Law and Economics, Political economy, Sustainable business development.
Senior Research Fellows are acknowledged experts in their field of expertise, holding excellent academic and professional credentials including a record of relevant publications, and can demonstrate a specific research interest in at least one GICEL’s research fields. Senior Research Fellows are expected to engage actively in supporting the Centre in the development and implementation of its research agenda through effective collaboration with the Director of Research.
Research Fellows hold a graduate degree in economics or law, or related fields, pursuing future research activities or further degree, and can demonstrate a certain research interest in at least one GICEL’s research fields. Research Fellows are expected to actively participate in the Centre’s research activities and collaborate with the Director of Research and Senior Research Fellows.
GICEL’s Senior Research Fellows and Research Fellows are engaged in GICEL’s programs and research activities. They conduct research, author or edit publications, publish periodically and provide peer review in their areas of expertise. They can lead or be involved in specific GICEL projects, events or activities, as agreed with the Director of Research.
Successful applications demonstrate high quality academic qualifications and professional experience. Successful candidates are appointed for a renewable two-years period. A Fellow may be appointed as a Senior Research Fellow or a Research Fellow, based on qualifications and expertise. Fellows, upon appointment, are formally affiliated with GICEL, but based outside the Centre.
Benefits for the Fellows include:
- Carrying out their research and publishing with GICEL.
- Sharing their expertise and experience with GICEL scholars and course participants.
- Building strong relations with like-minded experts from different backgrounds and with diverse standpoints.
- Joining a visionary, interdisciplinary and multicultural network, representing a unique and in-commensurable source of academic expertise and practical experience.
- Liaising with GICEL for a mutually agreed-upon period.
- Facilitating consultations and receiving research assistance from GICEL.
To apply for a position as Non-resident Research Fellow at GICEL, please send:
- a CV including a detailed list of publications.
- a short biography (maximum 1/2 page).
- a sample of your work.
Application deadline: 1 July 2020. By email to: email@example.com. Subject line: Research Fellow positions.